NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY & NAVAL ACADEMY EXAMINATION 2019
The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) will conduct the NDA 2019 examination. It is a national level entrance test. The UPSC NDA exam is conducted to recruit candidates in the Army, Navy and Air Force. This exam is conducted two times in a year, i.e. NDA I and NDA II. It is a two tier examination, after qualifying the written test candidates will also have to clear the SSB interview round. Here we are providing details about NDA 2019 examination including notification, application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
NDA Eligibility Criteria
Candidates seeking for applying in the NDA exam should check the eligibility criteria carefully. Below we are providing the eligibility criteria for UPSC NDA exam:
- A candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- Tibetan refugee who come over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- For NDA I, candidates must have born between 2nd July 2000 to 1st July 2003.
- For NDA II, candidates should have born between 2nd January 2001 to 1st July 2004.
Gender & Marital Status:
- Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA.
- Candidates must undertake not to marry until they finish their complete training.
- For Army Wing of NDA: Candidates should have qualified 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognized board.
- For Air Force & Naval of NDA and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with physics and mathematics subjects.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates have to be physically fit as per the physical standards notified by the officials.
- Candidate who has resigned/withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces will not be eligible to apply.
NDA Exam Pattern 2019
Candidates who will appear in the NDA examination should check the exam pattern for better preparations. The detailed NDA 2019 exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Type of Questions: There will be objective type questions asked in the examination.
- Pattern: The question paper will be asked in the OMR pattern.
- Mode: The exam will be conducted in pen and paper based mode.
- Answering Mode: Candidates will use black ball pen to mark their answers. Do not use Ink pen or pencil.
- Duration: Two and half hours will be given for each code, i.e. Code 1 (mathematics) and Code 2 (general ability test).
- Language: The medium of the exam will be set bilingually in English as well as Hindi.
- Negative Marking: 0.33 % marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
||2 ½ hours
|GAT (Section 1- English)
||2 ½ hours
|GAT (Section 2- General Knowledge)
||Total Marks 900
NDA Syllabus 2019
The NDA syllabus will comprise of mathematics, English and general knowledge sections. Candidates can follow the NDA 2019 syllabus given below:
Concept of set, operations on sets, venn diagrams, types of matrices, operations on matrices, determinant of a matrix, trigonometrical ratios, trigonometric identities sum and difference formulae, distance formula. equation of a line in various forms, angle between two lines, distance of a point from a line, equation of a circle in standard and in general form, composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions, notion of limit, standard limits, etc.
GAT (General Aptitude Test):
Vocabulary, grammar and usage, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate's proficiency in English. It tests the candidate's understanding of English and use of words.
This section contains topics from the physics, chemistry, general science, geography, current events, history, freedom movement, etc.